An established, global mining team that delivers competitive advantage.
The mining industry is facing one of the most marginal operating environments seen in a decade. The need to deliver growth in the face of pricing volatility, to maximise project efficiency, to become leaner and to outmaneuver the competition means partnering with the right broker is paramount.
JLT Mining is an established, global team with a strong client base across a range of commodities and risks. It is our commitment to our clients’ interests that sets us apart.
Our cross-class expertise stems from long-term relationships with miners, contractors, traders, and financiers. We understand the project lifecycle from start to finish, and know where we can add value at every stage:
- Exploration & evaluation
- Project finance
- Site selection & construction
- Product to market
- Care & maintenance or closure
We have regional strengths across the major mining hubs of Australia, Canada, South Africa, and Latin America and provide products and services that deliver a competitive advantage. This means that our clients stay with us because of the value we add, not just because we achieve competitive premium rates.
This commitment to added value, combined with our strong trading relationships with lead mining insurers and reinsurers worldwide, allows us to structure insurance coverage and provide risk management advice that places our clients’ needs at the centre of our work.
We offer Construction and Operational risk transfer solutions for:
- Property damage & advanced loss of profits/operational business interruption
- Liabilities, including environmental liability
JLT Mining also excels in the following areas:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Surety & bonding
- Marine cargo, delay in start-up, and stock throughput
- Directors’ & officers’ liability
- Specie & bullion
- Credit, political & security risks (including Political Risk Insurance, Kidnap & Ransom, Terrorism, Sabotage and Political Violence including Strikes, Riots & Civil Commotion).
For further information, please contact Simon Delchar, CEO, JLT Mining at Simon_Delchar@jltgroup.com
Visit our thought leadership page for further insights