JLT Insurance Management provides leading corporations with Captive Management services in Barbados, Bermuda, Guernsey, Malta, Singapore and the United States.
With annual written premiums and assets of over USD 2.3 billion and USD 4.9 billion respectively, we’ve a proven track record in helping clients choose a fitting domicile for their Captive insurance company by evaluating business goals and operational issues. In fact, over 20 of our current captives have transferred from other Captive Insurance managers.
This is due to the active involvement of our highly experienced senior managers.
JLT Insurance Management forms part of the Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group of companies, one of the world’s leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. We have offices in 40 countries and territories with some 10,000 employees. Supported by the JLT International Network, we service clients in 135 countries.
We believe that, as organisations’ risk profiles become increasingly sophisticated, you should consider moving away from a transactional insurance programme to one more closely aligned to your changing needs.
Travelling this road and determining when and how to access the market should entail:
- A regular review of the corporate risk profile
- Reviewing and understanding your own risk appetite, thus which risks are undesirable to retain and at what level
- Whether insurance is a suitable mechanism to transfer risk
- The level of expenditure you want to commit
Is Captive right for you?
- Do you have a complex risk profile with major insurance spending and the need for multi insurer international capacity?
- Do you want to increase your control of:
- How your insurance budget is spent?
- How your risk transfer arrangements are put into practice?
- Do you have the resources in management capability and financial capital to develop a system to capture greater value from your risk transfer arrangements?
- Do you have the appetite to retain more of your own risk?
What does a successful captive achieve?
Your Captive must support your strategic risk financing objectives. These objectives can be broadly categorised into three types: