In the past the shipping industry operated on a set of well-established processes, the modern industry is without doubt one of the most complex and fast-changing sectors in the world.
To cope with this, clients need to be ready to handle whatever may be thrown at them. Even a relatively simple business will need to consider ways to protect its interests and assets around the world; incorporate multiple legal systems; rely on ever-increasing levels of automation and technology; and face aggressive competition across the board.
Marine insurance and risk management is crucial for any marine business, enabling you to protect the people and assets critical to your business success. Therefore having a partner that provides market-leading results is important, so you can be confident of dealing with any situation, however challenging.
Why clients value us
Our approach to business is different. We invest heavily in developing relationships and gaining knowledge of your operational needs, aspirations and challenges. This approach ensures you receive a tailored service package to deliver what you want, when you want it.
What we do
We provide market leading risk solutions to protect people and assets, along with offering certainty in adverse situations. This is our business.
What we offer to clients
- Cost effective solutions: We arrange insurance for over 6,000 vessels to ensure our clients benefit from the breadth and depth of specialist resources, which offers a proven track record in delivering results.
- Claims certainty: In 2014, we handled, processed and settled in excess of 1,250 claims without a single client complaint.
- Service excellence: Our unique approach to service resulted in a client retention rate in excess of 94%.
We are the largest producers to providers of tanker Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFR) guarantees. Also, in addition, our liability team has, amongst its clients, some of the largest and most prestigious port, terminal operators and shipyards.
Our specialist teams include:
- Hull and Machinery
- Loss of Hire
- Protection and Indemnity (P&I)
- Ports, terminals and marinas
- Specialist tonnage
- Super yachts
- War risks/piracy
- Maritime financial products.
Why work with us
As a team, we are your strongest link. We focus on engagement, advocacy, collaboration and creativity. And we encourage our clients and underwriters to develop an understanding and co-operation, which is critical for delivering long-term value. This mutual approach ensures your priorities are clear and your objectives are met.
It is the way we deliver our service, which makes JLT Specialty an indispensable part of your team. As a client you benefit from:
- Risk management services
- Transparency and effective solutions
- Robust claims management.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN