JLT Specialty’s Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team helps clients to identify alternative ways of approaching and negotiating deals
Why our clients value us?
We combine extensive transactional experience with a deep understanding of the evolving M&A insurance market. Our team creates innovative solutions, delivered on time, tailored to meet the commercial needs of each deal.
What we do
We provide our clients with one-off bespoke insurance solutions to address various risks in transactions. As part of JLT’s global M&A Practice, we access local expertise in all key global M&A hubs. We offer solutions to assist buyers and sellers in the following situations:
- Seller seeking a cleaner exit from the business and materially restricting the buyer’s recourse in the transaction agreement.
- Private equity seller/trust seller /multiple selling parties who need to address the long-term transaction liabilities once the deal has completed.
- Distressed seller looking to immediately realise sale proceeds when there is nobody to support deal warranties or where the buyer has concerns over the financial stability of a seller.
- Seller needs balance sheet protection following sale completion or an alternative to an escrow arrangement.
- Sale contract limitation periods are insufficient for a buyer.
- Buyer needs to differentiate their bid in an auction process.
- To satisfy banking or shareholder governance requirements.
- Parties are unable to come to an agreement using traditional methods of negotiation.
- Buyer wishes to avoid the need to pursue claims against their new management team.
Our solutions and products apply to all business sectors but we have particular expertise in:
- Real Estate
- Communications technology and Media
- Financial services
- Life sciences
Why work with us
As a team, we don’t take the standard approach. We listen to your key transaction needs, to gain a thorough understanding of your goals. Based on our ability to evolve with every deal and stay ahead of the game, we help clients achieve the best result.
It is the way we deliver our service, which makes JLT Specialty an indispensable part of your team. As a client, you benefit from:
- Our team’s depth and breadth of deal experience
- Problem solving skills
- Product innovation
- Our ability to react quickly
- Access to global M&A insurance resource
- Outstanding market leverage.
For further information, please contact Ben Crabtree, Partner, Mergers and Acquisitions team on +44 (0)20 3394 0488