The aerospace industry faces some unique challenges. Volatility in the geopolitical and economic environment continues to make day-to-day operations more difficult, as do challenges across the supply chain, rising costs and onerous regulatory and compliance requirements and restrictions.
Rapid advances in technology are also creating issues and producing higher value claims of increasing complexity. The threat of cyber-attacks and data breaches has also become a growing area of concern.
To overcome these challenges, you need to protect your business properly. This means partnering with a broker that understands your industry, and has the expertise and experience to ensure that you have the right insurance in place to protect your current and future business activities.
WHAT WE DO
We would support you throughout your day-to-day operations, providing you with the necessary resources, advice and guidance to ensure your business receives the most competitive advantage and best level of protection.
Typically insurers consider anything not relating to aircraft flying operations or space as aerospace infrastructure. Risks in this sector range from manufacturers, airports and maintenance repair overhaul (MRO) to a myriad of other aviation service providers such as refuellers and ground handling operations.
Our aerospace team is made up of some of the most experienced practitioners in the market, combining the most technically able with the most effective transactional brokers.
We work daily with insurance and reinsurance markets around the world and have a wealth of experience when it comes to the design and management of aerospace insurance programmes.
JLT's market position, industry knowledge and specific insight into how different aerospace manufacturing and infrastructure companies operate, places us in a strong and informed position to deliver the appropriate insurance solutions for you. We can ensure that your policy coverage meets your operational needs and changing exposures.
We have experience working with major airframe manufacturers, major part manufacturers, major component manufacturers, component manufacturers, aviation suppliers, fuelling operations, aviation contractors, airports, airport authorities, air navigation service providers, maintenance repair overhaul, grounded handlers / catering, terminal buildings and airfields.
Our team would provide you with a comprehensive service in connection with the placement and on-going management of your insurance programme, including expert support in the key areas of claims handling, contractual review and risk management.
- As one of the world’s leading airline insurance brokers our position and leverage in the insurance market will allow us to consistently deliver the best results and competitive advantage for your operation
- Our dedicated team of airline specialists have a wealth of experience and credibility in the aviation market place, so you know you’re always dealing with an expert
- The way in which we manage your account is at the core of everything we do. What works for another client may not work for you – therefore, we listen to you and adapt our service to your individual needs
- We pride ourselves on being accessible and flexible. We know this is crucial to your business and so we are available whenever you need us. Not just between the standard 9 to 5
- We do not outsource key functions to third parties. JLT believe that having experienced individuals within each account management team improves service times
- We are experts in handling airline claims of all sizes and complexity. We maintain an enviable reputation for claims service delivery within the London and wider global market; we truly understand that the real test of any insurance programme is how your policy reacts to a claim
- We are market innovators and can provide additional and non-traditional insurance solutions to cover evolving and emerging risk exposures as well as access to bespoke proprietary tools and applications. We are committed to keeping our clients ahead of the field in an ever changing risk environment.
Significant Rate reductions
The major airport decided to hold a formal tender review for their aviation insurance business and after consideration appointed JLT as their chosen representative. We completely remarketed the insurance programme, utilising new market capacity to great success. We achieved very significant rate reductions, at no additional premium, as well as providing the airport with an increase in its liability limits and a reduction in its deductibles.
Aerospace manufacturing infrastructure insurance coverages can include:
With aerospace being one of the most dynamic and high-profile industries in the world, traditional risk areas are evolving and new risk exposures are emerging rapidly. In response, there are now many additional and non-traditional insurance solutions available. We have developed a number of creative solutions and have a proven track record for innovation.
Below are just some of the additional manufacturing and infrastructure insurance solutions that we can offer our clients: