Helios is a bespoke system created and used by the credit, political & security Risks (CPS) practice. The system is designed to capture and bring to life the data collected by CPS’ broking teams in the course of their day-to-day interaction with insurers.
Underwriting appetite is tracked per insurer and is contextualized against the particular points of interest, i.e. country, sector, tenor, pricing.
Helios can be interrogated on the basis of any one or more of these criteria to provide data based analysis of historic appetite, which in turn can be adapted to yield forward looking guidance in the context of our clients’ evolving portfolios of risk and new business opportunities.
Understanding the nuances of the insurance market has never been more accessible.
WHAT WE DO
By enabling the systematic collation of CPS data, this platform allows our broking teams to track underwriting appetite per insurer, with market responses and pricing information contextualized against the particular points of interest for each enquiry. For example, data can be broken down and visualized to enable analytics across fields including:
- Counterparty name
- Cover type
The data gathered in Helios can be interrogated on the basis of any one or more of these criteria to inform data-driven analysis of historic underwriter appetite. In turn this can be adapted to deliver forward-looking guidance to clients, in the context of their evolving portfolios of risk and new business opportunities. Our brokers are equipped with a breadth of data to enable increasingly intelligent marketing of our clients’ risks.
Helios allows the analysis of data across 2,500+ counterparties and 198 countries. Understanding the nuances of the insurance market has never been more accessible.
We find opportunities where others see challenges. Our entrepreneurial culture and exclusive analytical ability helps clients to identify and realise opportunity in volatility.
Using ground-breaking modelling and rating tools, our analysts can pinpoint risks, map exposures, analyze the risk triggers, and evaluate probable maximum loss (PML) ratios across a portfolio of assets.
Our multilingual team handle broking services for clients globally including many of the world’s leading corporations, financial institutions and government/multilateral agencies.
JLT clients benefit from:
- Access to a diverse global team that delivers creative, comprehensive risk and insurance solutions which facilitate growth, reduce capital costs, improve returns, and secure people and assets
- Ideas and products that positively impact and inform risk mitigation and risk transfer strategies, as well as business decisions
- Our ability to create capacity to underwrite new and evolving risks
- Our proprietary analytic tools ensure you have access to complete and accurate real-time information which enables fact based decision making
- Experienced resources available where you need them without geographical or financial barriers
- Consistent engagement through advisory, structuring, placement and claims, drawing in management leverage and technical expertise to ensure that when losses do occur, we maximize recovery and minimize the impact on your operations.