Energy Insurance & Risk Management
Today energy companies are faced with a highly specialized set of risks. From rig accident to an oil spill, cyber-attack, terrorism, political instability or a natural disaster, your organization must plan, prepare, and adapt to the unexpected.
JLT's team of specialists applies a hands-on approach to gain a deeper understanding of our clients' business and unique risk profile. We assess and prioritize your organization's risks to create tailored solutions to best fit your needs.
Our global team of over 240 energy specialists have in-depth expertise and deep experience providing energy insurance services for onshore and offshore upstream activities, midstream oil and gas activities, petrochemical and refineries, offshore construction all risks and integrated oil and gas companies. As the industry evolves, we take pride on our ability to assess the impact of these changes and develop innovative, adaptable solutions for the most complex areas of risk.
WHAT WE DO
JLT Speciality USA provides energy insurance services and risk management solutions across the energy industry. Whether your organization needs coverage for a nuclear plant, natural disasters or oil spills, our energy team will work with you to find the right solution for your energy project.
Our professionalism, work ethic, client first focus and enthusiasm place us at the forefront of the broking services industry.
We provide bespoke solutions across the spectrum of energy industry sector activities including: construction risks, environmental damage, operational physical damage, cyber risk, business interruption / loss of production income, control of well and liability coverage.
Your placement negotiation will be backed up by the strength of our annual premium placed into global insurance markets representing 20-25% of the total energy market volume.
Wherever you are active we offer these covers across the entire spectrum of marine, upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the energy industry, on a traditional basis or as a reinsurance of captives.
Your footprint in associated activities and risks are supported by our experienced teams in the power, mining, renewables, cargo, aviation, credit, political and security sectors, who work closely with our energy team to ensure that all energy related clients’ needs are met, whatever their sector(s) and whatever risks they may face.
- Our 240 global energy experts include experienced brokers, ex-underwriters, adjusters and risk engineers, working as a team on your organization’s behalf
- Our dedicated account teams provide timely responses to ongoing service needs of our clients, providing accessible, additional and invaluable resource to our clients' own risk management functions
- Supported by the JLT International Network we service clients in over 135 countries, enabling us to offer effective global solutions for your business and on-the-ground advice from local experts
- We have a proven track record in dealing with complex energy-related risks and our team strives to get the deal done, giving us an exceptional client retention rate
- Our experienced claims team has the influence and expertise to ensure you receive accurate and timely settlements for all claims
- We work with our clients through the year to ensure their policy continues to cover their changing business needs
- Our dedicated in-house team of wordings specialists use their knowledge of the insurance market to undertake reviews, technical evaluations, stress testing, comparisons of your coverage and suggest improvements to strengthen your policy.