General aviation is one of the most dynamic and diverse sectors of the aerospace industry. Businesses and private aircraft owners operating in this sector face unique challenges.
Complex and onerous certification processes and changing regulatory requirements continue to make day-to-day operations more difficult, as do rising costs and regional economic instability. Rapid advances in technology bring higher value repair costs and claims, while simultaneously adding complexity and change. The rise of unmanned aerial systems and unmanned aerial vehicles are also introducing a host of new safety threats that must be actively managed.
To overcome these challenges, aerospace organizations require an effective risk management strategy. This means using a broker that understands your industry, and has the expertise and experience to ensure that your organization has the right insurance in place to protect current and future business activities.
We provide insurance broking services for general aviation clients throughout the world, from a single aircraft to commercial fleets and business jets. We also arrange rotor-wing aircraft, gliders and drone insurance, as well as coverage for ground-based risks such as fixed base operators, airports and other aerospace service providers.
WHAT WE DO
We support organization throughout day-to-day operations, providing the necessary resources, advice and guidance to ensure your business receives the most competitive advantage and best level of protection.
Our general aviation team consists of some of the most experienced general aviation insurance specialists in the industry, including qualified pilots and former aerospace engineers. We work daily with insurance and reinsurance markets around the world and have a wealth of experience when it comes to the design and management of general aviation insurance programs.
Our market position, aviation industry knowledge, and specific understanding of general aviation and the unique risks associated with this sector, places us in a strong and informed position to deliver the appropriate insurance solutions for your organization.
We can ensure that your policy coverage meets your operational needs and changing exposures.
We have experience working with fixed wing operators, military fleets, airport/airfield/helipad operators, flight training schools, aerospace service providers, rotor wing operators, business aviation / VIP/VVIP, airships, balloons, gliders, vintage racing aircraft and drones/UAVs.
Our team would provide you with a comprehensive service in connection with the placement and on-going management of your insurance program, including expert support in the key areas of claims handling, contractual review and risk management.
- As one of the world’s leading aerospace insurance brokers, our position and leverage in the insurance market enables us to consistently deliver the best results and competitive advantage for your operation
- Our dedicated team of general aviation specialists have a wealth of experience and credibility in the aviation market place
- The way in which we manage our clients' accounts is at the core of everything we do. What works for another client may not work for you – we listen and adapt our service to your individual needs
- We pride ourselves on being accessible and flexible. We know this is crucial to your business and so we are available whenever you need us. Not just between the standard 9 to 5
- We do not outsource key functions to third parties. JLT believes that having experienced individuals within each account management team improves service times
- We are experts in handling airline claims of all sizes and complexity. We maintain an enviable reputation for claims service delivery within the London and wider global market; we truly understand that the real test of any insurance program is how your policy reacts to a claim
- We are market innovators and provide additional and non-traditional insurance solutions to cover evolving and emerging risk exposures as well as access to bespoke proprietary tools and applications. We are committed to keeping our clients ahead of the field in an ever-changing risk environment.
In 2014, we expanded our general aviation capabilities with the acquisition of specialist insurance broker Hayward Aviation. Hayward Aviation works collaboratively with our general aviation team, and the combined resources and knowledge allows us to deliver real value and a one-stop shop for all general aviation insurance needs.
A general aviation company might typically look to buy the following cover:
As one of the most dynamic industry sectors in the world, traditional aviation risk areas are evolving and new risk exposures are emerging rapidly. In response, there are now many additional and non-traditional insurance solutions available.
JLT’s team of general aviation specialists have developed a number of creative solutions and have a proven track record for innovation. Below are some of the additional general aviation insurance solutions that we can offer you: