An evacuation policy can be purchased standalone or as part of a wider security risks policy.
The policy can cover evacuation/repatriation of expatriates and relocation of local nationals as a result of political instability, natural catastrophe, pandemic, epidemic and/or medical emergency.
Given these events strike unannounced, it’s vital that your evacuation provider has the necessary experience and scale to deal with the incident quickly and effectively.
It is also important that your insurer provides you with the peace of mind in knowing that you have the financial support to deal with the event efficiently and effectively.
WHAT WE DO
This is where our knowledge and expertise of the market, products, and consultants is critical and we can advise you on the best-suited response and insurer partnerships.
An effective insurance programme should cover:
- Access to specialist evacuation consultants
- Travel and accommodation
- Employee salaries
- Personal effects left behind
- Relocation (returning staff to the affected country once the situation has resumed to normal).
Clients wishing to purchase insurance for security risks need to ensure that they select a broker with the relevant skills, knowledge and expertise in their business sector. We believe insurance contributes to the growth of your business as well as providing crucial protection in challenging circumstances.
We find opportunities, where others see challenges. Our entrepreneurial culture and exclusive analytical ability helps clients to identify and realise opportunity in volatility. Here’s what makes us different:
- We pride ourselves on being accessible across all time zones. By the very nature of these insurances, we understand the great time-sensitivities involved
- Given the sensitivity and complexity for security-related claims, we advocate integrity, efficiency and confidentiality
- We have the tenacity and desire to disrupt the market status quo and drive the insurance market forward with cutting-edge solutions. We pride ourselves in being seen as market leaders
- We have a dedicated team of specialists around the world, focused solely on security risks, so you know you will always receive expert advice and support
- Our long-standing relationships with the specialist insurers in this field means that our market leverage for seeking alternative structures to ensure the most competitive and holistic coverage is available to you. We set the trends, not just follow them
- Our proprietary risk platforms and knowledge hubs are unique to the insurance market and can deliver you with critical risk insights
- Our brokers draw on our in-house analysts’ expertise to identify current risk trends and forecasted risk developments globally that may impact you or your business.
In 2016, hundreds of foreign nationals were advised to evacuate South Sudan following days of violence that saw hundreds killed. The client contacted the emergency number and had it confirmed that they should be evacuating as soon as possible. At this point, responders were able to inform the client on the ground that there were both government and private charter flights leaving Juba organised by their government.
As the roads and city was considered high risk for foreigners to travel around, the response company sent a secure vehicle with close protection to pick up the client and his family and take them via a secure route to the airport where they were able to leave safely and return to their country of domicile.
The client, who was a volunteer doctor, was in Sierra Leone where the epidemic took hold. When loss of life owing to the outbreak became widespread, the client contacted the emergency number to get advice. She was advised that she should leave the country immediately.
The response advisors were able to provide the client with health advice on what to do in the initial and immediate stages to avoid any issues and then advice around how to get on the next available flight. They liaised with local authorities and charities and were able to book her flight to Nairobi, Kenya just 24 hours later.
She was transported in a secure vehicle, with a nurse from the response firm who accompanied her all the way to the airport for peace of mind.
We deliver results. We deploy all resources to help resolve complex losses and deliver claim payments. Our track record is unblemished.
Our clients have confidence that the insurance policies we arrange for them are expertly structured and written by experienced insurers with strong track records in paying claims. Our approachable brokers work alongside our meticulous CPS claims professionals who specialise in handling, managing and negotiating claims.
In the unfortunate event of a loss:
- You would have a single point of contact with overall accountability for all losses wherever they occur
- Our proactive claims handling process would help maximise your recovery under your programme, while minimising the intrusion and interference to your on-going operations
- We would leverage our strong relationships with the major leaders, loss adjusters and lawyers to help expedite the claims process
- You would have access to our sophisticated pre-loss consulting and effective post-loss recovery services.
Our starting point when structuring a new policy is to precisely understand your needs. Our brokers sit alongside a team of risk analysts drawn from security, technical and academic backgrounds.
Their substantial knowledge is utilised to help us understand the precise nature of your risk profile, thereby assisting us in determining the right insurance solution for your requirements.