All companies have a duty of care obligation to their most important asset: their workforce. A company is legally obliged to have the necessary crisis and risk management procedures in place to ensure the protection of their staff and in many cases, guests, customers, consultants and contractors whilst working on their behalf.
The financial and reputational repercussions for a business following any type of security-related incident can be significant if the appropriate risk transfer, mitigation measures and crisis management procedures are not put in place.
There are two important security risk considerations an organisation should consider:
- Physical assets and business risk
- Protecting your workforce
Failure to meet this obligation can lead to significant repercussions including brand and reputational damage, litigation and business interruption.
Our diverse, global and creative team of specialists works as your agent and problem solver to overcome concerns or challenges, and work out a strategy to leverage your business volumes. We believe insurance contributes to the growth of your business as well as providing crucial protection in unstable circumstances.
WHAT WE DO
We can help you manage your physical assets and business risk. An effective insurance programme should consider the following:
- Physical damage to assets
- Business interruption/ trade disruption
- Contingent business interruption (utilities failure, customers and suppliers, denial of access)
- Non-damage business interruption (threat, active assailant, loss of attraction)
- Litigation and legal liability (including associated-defence costs)
- Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear cover
- Cyber (resultant property damage and business interruption)
- Access to specialist security consultants to assist in managing the crisis at corporate HQ and on the ground, supporting business continuity during the event and ultimately ensuring a swift recovery
- Reputational damage
- Additional expenses for both pre and post incident risk mitigation and prevention such as additional security, counselling, legal advice and PR consultancy
- Ransom reimbursement and transfer.
When protecting your workforce, an effective insurance programme should consider:
- 24/7 access to expert response consultants to assist in managing a crisis including hostage negotiation, law enforcement liaison, family liaison and media liaison
- Ransom reimbursement and transfer
- Additional expenses including:
- Public Relations consultancy
- Gross salary coverage for victim and their family
- Temporary security
- Forensic analysts
- Occupational re-training
- Travel and accommodation costs
- Medical and psychological counselling
- Evacuation and repatriation for foreign nationals (transport, accommodation and salary)
- Personal accident benefits for death, injury and permanent total disablement.
Clients wishing to purchase insurance for security risks need to ensure that they select a broker with the relevant skills, knowledge and expertise in their business sector. We believe insurance contributes to the growth of your business as well as providing crucial protection in challenging circumstances.
We find opportunities, where others see challenges. Our entrepreneurial culture and exclusive analytical ability helps clients to identify and realise opportunity in volatility. Here’s what makes us different:
- We pride ourselves on being accessible across all time zones. By the very nature of these insurances, we understand the great time-sensitivities involved
- Given the sensitivity and complexity for security-related claims, we advocate integrity, efficiency and confidentiality
- We have the tenacity and desire to disrupt the market status quo and drive the insurance market forward with cutting-edge solutions. We pride ourselves in being seen as market leaders
- We have a dedicated team of specialists around the world, focused solely on security risks, so you know you will always receive expert advice and support
- Our long-standing relationships with the specialist insurers in this field means that our market leverage for seeking alternative structures to ensure the most competitive and holistic coverage is available to you. We set the trends, not just follow them
- Our proprietary risk platforms and knowledge hubs are unique to the insurance market and can deliver you with critical risk insights
- Our brokers draw on our in-house analysts’ expertise to identify current risk trends and forecasted risk developments globally that may impact you or your business.
We deliver results. We deploy all resources to help resolve complex losses and deliver claim payments. Our track record is unblemished.
Our clients have confidence that the insurance policies we arrange for them are expertly structured and written by experienced insurers with strong track records in paying claims. Our approachable brokers work alongside our meticulous CPS claims professionals who specialise in handling, managing and negotiating claims.
In the unfortunate event of a loss:
- You would have a single point of contact with overall accountability for all losses wherever they occur
- Our proactive claims handling process would help maximise your recovery under your programme, while minimising the intrusion and interference to your on-going operations
- We would leverage our strong relationships with the major leaders, loss adjusters and lawyers to help expedite the claims process
- You would have access to our sophisticated pre-loss consulting and effective post-loss recovery services.
Our starting point when structuring a new policy is to precisely understand your needs. Our brokers sit alongside a team of risk analysts drawn from security, technical and academic backgrounds.
Their substantial knowledge is utilised to help us understand the precise nature of your risk profile, thereby assisting us in determining the right insurance solution for your requirements.