This policy is designed to cover the Federations legal liability for damages and any defence costs made against the Federation or its employees, office holders, officials, or other administrator of the rules of the Federation arising out of:
- Errors and omissions – Any negligent error or omission on the part of the Federation
- Directors’ and Officers’ – Any wrongful act committed by any office holder
- Public liability – Bodily injury or damage caused in connection with the business
- Product liability – Bodily injury or damage caused by or in connection with a product
- Internet liability – Internet transmissions by the insured
JLT can provide a travel insurance policy specifically for sports governing bodies to cover those individuals who travel on their behalf to carry out the business of the federation.
- Medical and emergency expenses
- Trip cancellation or curtailment/delay
- Delayed departure and hi-jack personal accident
- Loss/damage to personal effects
- Loss of money
- Personal liability
All International Federation have major events which if circumstances arose whereby the event was unable to proceed as planned, it could significantly affect their financial situation without the necessary cover in place.
- Cancellation, abandonment, curtailment, postponement or relocation
- Any cause outside of your control
The majority of Federations delegate the organisation of their major events to a National Association or appointed City. It is the responsibility of the organiser to effect the necessary insurance protection but the IF cannot always be sure that this is taking place. We can provide insurance products that can assist the IF in this process and ensure that both the IF and the local organiser are adequately protected.
EVENT MEDICAL EXPENSES
As a condition for attending, event organisers will often require participants to possess adequate travel medical expenses insurance. A number of International Federations also make this requirement when issuing a competition licence. Often, there is concern that attendees cannot or do not meet these requirements. This has meant that the International Federation or event organiser bears the cost of medical expenses incurred by a competitor injured or falling ill at the event. We can provide insurance products that can assist the IF in this process and ensure that both the IF and the local organiser are adequately protected.
Cyber insurance protects against third party risks associated with e-business, the internet, computer networks and confidential information. Whilst the historical focus of these policies has been centred on potential hacking risks, the risks have evolved and insurance can provide cover for the threats outlined above including:
- Malicious acts
- Negligent acts of employees
- System malfunction
- Data theft
Increasingly IF’s financial dealings are online or via internet banking. Consequently IFs face a potential loss of money due to hacking, fraud, social engineering or employee theft.