The Sunstone platform is a terrorism exposure management tool, visualising distribution, be it property, business interruption, life exposure or a workers compensation portfolio.
Designed and developed by a combined in-house team of peril experts and insurance analytics developers, Sunstone surpasses similar platforms by its global coverage, wide spectrum of attack types and extensive underlying data target and probability data.
Sunstone is JLT’s proprietary terrorism risk model supported by analytics and advisory services.
WHAT WE DO
Sunstone has three analysis functions: accumulation, scenario and stochastic modelling. Accumulation can be completed either radially or within a geographic area, for example 250m or country level.
Nearly 40 different scenarios can be modelled in Sunstone including explosive attack, armed assault, using a vehicle as a weapon or CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear). Impact curves for each have been generated for property damage, business interruption, life, major injury and minor injury.
For stochastic modelling probability matrices are maintained for different global regions. These consider the attack type target type combinations and are based on historic frequencies and a current threat assessment.
Sunstone contains a global target database of over 1 million potential targets, indicating area of attractiveness to terrorist groups. This database is made up of nearly 40 target types and two tiers of potential impact across the globe.
Collectively, the target database highlights target rich environments such as central business districts or social hubs as well as outlying or peripheral areas of threat. Individually, it allows trends in terrorism to be simulated and the impacts on a portfolio to be modelled. The University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database (GTD) is also plotted, providing the historic trend to complement the potential target dataset.
Sunstone is always evolving and its development is responsive to the requirements of clients and brokers. The use of Sunstone is modular and flexible; if only certain data sets are of benefit to the client, they can be used in isolation. It is also adaptable and is complemented by other data sets or analysis to meet client requirements. The lessons learnt from Sunstone projects feed its development directly.
We find opportunities where others see challenges. Our entrepreneurial culture and exclusive analytical ability helps clients to identify and realise opportunity in volatility.
Using ground-breaking modelling and rating tools, our analysts can pinpoint risks, map exposures, analyse the risk triggers, and evaluate probable maximum loss (PML) ratios across a portfolio of assets.
Our multilingual team handle broking services for clients globally including many of the world’s leading corporations, financial institutions and government/multilateral agencies.
As a CPS client you will benefit from:
- access to a diverse global team to deliver creative, comprehensive risk and insurance solutions which facilitate growth, reduce capital costs, improve returns, secure people and assets
- ideas and products that positively impact risk mitigation and risk transfer strategies allowing you to make business decisions with confidence
- our ability to create capacity to underwrite new and evolving risks
- proprietary analytical tools to ensure you have access to complete and accurate real-time information which enables fact based decision making
- experienced resources available where you need them without hierarchical, geography or financial barriers
- consistent engagement through advisory, structuring, placement and claims, drawing in management leverage and technical expertise to ensure that when losses do occur we maximize recovery and minimise the impact on your operations.