Helios is a bespoke system created and used by the credit, political & security Risks (CPS) practice. The system is designed to capture and bring to life the data collected by CPS’ broking teams in the course of their day to day interaction with insurers.
Underwriting appetite is tracked per insurer and is contextualised against the particular points of interest e.g. country, sector, tenor, pricing.
Helios can be interrogated on the basis of any one or more of these criteria to provide data based analysis of historic appetite which in turn can be adapted to yield forward looking guidance in the context of our clients’ evolving portfolios of risk and new business opportunities.
Understanding the nuances of the insurance market has never been more accessible.
WHAT WE DO
By enabling the systematic collation of CPS data, this platform allows our broking teams to track underwriting appetite per insurer, with market responses and pricing information contextualised against the particular points of interest for each enquiry. For example, data can be broken down and visualised to enable analytics across fields including:
- Counterparty name
- Cover type
The data gathered in Helios can be interrogated on the basis of any one or more of these criteria to inform data driven analysis of historic underwriter appetite. In turn this can be adapted to deliver forward looking guidance to clients, in the context of their evolving portfolios of risk and new business opportunities. Our brokers are therefore equipped with a breadth of data to enable increasingly intelligent marketing of our clients’ risks.
Helios allows the analysis of data across 2500+ counterparties and 198 countries. Understanding the nuances of the insurance market has never been more accessible.
We find opportunities where others see challenges. Our entrepreneurial culture and exclusive analytical ability helps clients to identify and realise opportunity in volatility.
Using ground-breaking modelling and rating tools, our analysts can pinpoint risks, map exposures, analyse the risk triggers, and evaluate probable maximum loss (PML) ratios across a portfolio of assets.
Our multilingual team handle broking services for clients globally including many of the world’s leading corporations, financial institutions and government/multilateral agencies.
As a CPS client you will benefit from:
- access to a diverse global team to deliver creative, comprehensive risk and insurance solutions which facilitate growth, reduce capital costs, improve returns, secure people and assets
- ideas and products that positively impact risk mitigation and risk transfer strategies allowing you to make business decisions with confidence
- our ability to create capacity to underwrite new and evolving risks
- proprietary analytical tools to ensure you have access to complete and accurate real-time information which enables fact based decision making
- experienced resources available where you need them without hierarchical, geography or financial barriers
- consistent engagement through advisory, structuring, placement and claims, drawing in management leverage and technical expertise to ensure that when losses do occur we maximize recovery and minimise the impact on your operations.