Real estate is a fundamental building block of our economy and any risks to this sector can affect the country as a whole. Companies need a risk management strategy that provides certainty for your stakeholders and a cost effective solution to deliver on your project goals.
Throughout the lifecycle of your property investments, from site acquisition, design, construction and the on-going asset management, we will become a strategic partner to help implement this approach.
We know that insurance is something that should be as painless as possible in terms of costs and time. Whatever challenges you, your partners and your tenants may be facing, we have the best people within our team to help. Globally, our real estate team manages a cross-section of commercial and residential property clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies to individual property owners.
Real estate is our passion. Our success ultimately derives from our team of highly experienced insurance practitioners with a stronghold within the real estate sector. Whether our clients are funding, developing, buying, selling, building, holding or managing property portfolios - we understand the risks you face and the key services required.
WHAT WE DO
As a specialist real estate broker we have a dedicated team to manage the full spectrum of property transactions, encompassing pre and post transaction requirements such as:
Commercial and residential insurance
We review your property portfolio and claims history and make recommendations on restructuring your insurance placement. Our team provides informed proposals on risk management with options for improving premiums and minimizing the inconvenience of claims.
Due diligence insurance
Providing finance for a real estate acquisition, you need to be sure that the asset in question is adequately protected - we can advise you on the drafting of the insurance requirements under your loan facility agreement. We will review the borrowers’ insurance against this standard, providing you with the confidence that they are compliant and offer simple, cost-effective solutions to any shortcomings.
M&A insurance enables sellers to achieve a clean exit following completion of a deal. We can help buyers receive the financial protection they need through a tailored insurance policy covering the warranties and tax covenant given as part of the sale.
For 30 years, our construction team have worked in partnership with our clients, delivering excellent service and innovative solutions which shape the construction insurance industry. Our construction team works across the breadth of building, civil works, engineering risks and facilities management.
- We are a team who will respond quickly and pride ourselves on being available to you when you need us most. We know this is crucial to you and your businesses success and will do everything we can to deliver at the point required
- All of our central capabilities are under one roof allowing us to provide a smooth and integrated service. This enables us to give you advice on any area at any point during our service to you whenever it is needed, aligned to the program
- Our strong relationships to the right insurers in the market, dealing with them every day, means that we can leverage not only the price but also the coverage
- We have the ability to overcome any challenge you might face. We have a dedicated team of specialists, focused on this sector. The majority have more than 25 years’ experience. But what really stands us apart is our people - we employ market leading specialists who enjoy and value their work
- We involve our dedicated claims management experts at the outset for their insights when designing insurance programs. We use their expertise to avoid any ambiguities in the wording and we work with markets that are claims responsive.
Our claims team is an integral and critical part of JLT. The strong team works close to the market, alongside our client-facing teams. We will:
- Manage insurer and loss adjuster performance
- Provide vital management information reports
- Hold bi-annual claims review meetings
- Discuss claims trends for large and/or contentious claims.
Through this joint approach, we have established a reputation for getting results and resolving long running complex claims, whilst providing first-class service. We have:
- A proactive approach to claims management contactable 24/7, 365 days a year
- Excellent working relationships with all leading carriers
- Excellent working relationships with all leading loss adjusters
- Access to our in-house claims team with expertise in large and complex losses.
Risk management is an important function of any real estate business and recognizing the specialist nature of the real estate sector we partner with a number of the industry’s leading providers in order to offer a suite of risk management services, such as leak detection, thermographic testing site audits, fire risk assessments, crisis management reviews, claims defensibility and provision of training.
We offer brokers exclusive access to JLT’s market leading real estate team. With our size and comprehensive market knowledge we have the leverage to negotiate better deals for brokers and their clients.
We have access to the whole London market and have the ability to place risks which others brokers simply cannot.
Our bespoke JLT wording includes many enhancements to insurer’s standard policies and by working with us, you and your clients have access to our team of industry experts, our risk management facilities, the JLT International Network, and all the support we can offer.
We adopt a partnership approach to working with our brokers. We work with all types of brokers, from property owner specialists, large regionals and smaller independent brokers.
Several brokers have asked us to place all their property owners business into the market, allowing the broker more time to spend with their clients.