Energy Risk Consulting & Risk Management
Our energy consulting team draws on JLT’s worldwide resources and experience. You will benefit from engagement with seasoned professionals with many years’ experience in the energy broking, underwriting, risk management, legal/compliance and engineering sectors.
Our energy consultants will help you with a wide range of services that can be tailored to your needs and they will also audit and benchmark your company's current program.
WHAT WE DO
Benchmarking: this exercise will indicate for you key metrics such as limits, deductibles and premiums of your peers so that you can make better informed decisions about what is right for your own unique risk profile
Retention analysis: effective risk transfer for mature companies require ongoing reviews of metrics, such as your retention to optimise efficiency in risk financing
Wordings review: we will check there are no gaps in your wording to ensure you have the widest possible and most suitable coverage for your businesses’ needs. You will benefit from our bespoke developed enhancements
Programme reviews: your programme should be regularly stress tested to ensure it remains fit for purpose and future proofed including responses to claims and major change scenarios
Business interruption/supply chain reviews: we can advise you on the route to the most cost effective cover. Also we can help you check the integrity of your supply chain and help you strengthen it to reduce potential exposure to a loss in the future
Engineering services: underwriters for downstream processing activities requite sight of a comprehensive survey to commit to coverage. After engaging our engineers, you will receive advice on the current ranking of your site risks, evaluation of your peak exposures/ estimated maximum loss (EML) and possible risk management and risk reduction improvements
Lender’s insurance requirements advice: supporting your relationship with lenders by advising them on coverage efficiency and availability issues as well as adoption of lender required language in your policies
Distress claims handling/advocacy: our team can work with you to settle distressed claims that other brokers were not able to do. We will work with you to guide you through the processes involved
Global compliance advice: our global services team specialise in advising clients on how to comply with regulatory requirements in different countries
Oil Insurance Limited (OIL) profile reviews/ recommendations: regular reviews of your profile will ensure you are optimising membership of this unique capacity.
- Our 240 global energy experts include experienced brokers, ex-underwriters, adjusters and risk engineers, working as a team on your behalf
- Our dedicated account teams provide timely responses to ongoing service needs of our clients, providing accessible, additional and invaluable resource to our clients' own risk management functions
- Supported by the JLT International Network we service clients in over 135 countries, enabling us to offer effective global solutions for your business and on-the-ground advice from local experts
- We have a proven track record in dealing with complex energy-related risks and our team strives to get the deal done, giving us an exceptional client retention rate
- Our experienced claims team has the influence and expertise to ensure you receive accurate and timely settlements for all claims
- We work with our clients through the year to ensure their policy continues to cover their changing business needs
- Our dedicated in-house team of wordings specialists use their knowledge of the insurance market to undertake reviews, technical evaluations, stress testing, comparisons of your coverage and suggest improvements to strengthen your policy.