Communications and technology (CommTech) companies face a number of challenges, not least of which is the constant need for innovation to satisfy evolving consumer demand and survive in a highly competitive marketplace.
That competition has led many CommTech companies to diversify into multiple sectors in recent years, something that brings significant opportunities, but also risks. Alongside this is an increase in mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity in the sector; a trend that is likely to continue.
CommTech companies manufacture many of their products in emerging markets, leaving them vulnerable to risks around extreme weather and political volatility. They also tend to have long and complicated supply chains, over which they have limited visibility. Personal data is another hot topic of the moment, with constant changing data protection regulations across the globe. The data that companies hold and what they do with it is increasingly coming under the microscope, putting organisations under pressure to comply with new rules.
The good news about all of these challenges is that there is a lot that companies can do to mitigate them through risk transfer solutions. JLT's global CommTech practice has been helping clients to identify and manage their exposures since 2004.
WHAT WE DO
We provide insurance broking services to CommTech companies and have experts across the entire spectrum of risks faced by our clients. From physical damage, liability, first and third party cyber and financial risks, to political violence and people risks, our team can assist in placing specialist policies to meet your needs.
In addition to technical expertise, our major focus is on service and our ethos is built around a client first model, providing our clients with a service model that best fits their way of working. We do not impose our way of working on our clients, but rather work with them to design a service platform that best suits each specific set of circumstances.
Our wide-ranging experience means that we are well placed to help companies with operations that span multiple sectors, including (but not limited to): software and app developers, telecommunications, consumer electronics, IT services, technology manufacturers and semiconductors.
We also have a proven track record of settling large, complex claims suffered by our clients. Our claims experts sit alongside the account teams meaning that they have an excellent grasp of our clients' businesses that they can then apply throughout the claims process.
Our CommTech team has the experience and expertise to offer you not just risk transfer insurance products, but a range of associated service to help you view your risks holistically. We are different because:
- We promise never to become complacent or take your business for granted – we will keep on top of our game by continually striving to do our best for you and regularly challenging ourselves to do better
- Our promise is to always provide wordings that are robust and evolving as your industry develops. We take into account new exposures which test the market. We ensure the most appropriate packages are available to you. We are one of the market leaders in terms of widest wordings and set the trends
- We will provide you with a dedicated team of specialists who are focused on your sector, structured to provide you with expertise in all of the areas that you need cover
- We are a team who will respond quickly and pride ourselves on being available to you when you need us most. We know this is crucial to you and your businesses success and will do everything we can to deliver at the point required
- We provide a single point of contact to take the stress out of dealing with your global insurance programmes. Our team will coordinate between you, the insurer, your local operations and where relevant our network spanning over 135 countries
- It’s not enough to simply offer a reactive, post loss claims service. Equally important, our in house claims team supports clients to manage loss ratios and loss avoidance. We offer pre-loss scenarios and stress testing policies which are highly valued by many of our clients.
No two companies in the CommTech sectors are the same so risk profiles tend to differ from firm to firm. Our team has access to a suite of products that your company might require, including:
Our approach is to tailor these products to ensure they cover the unique risks you face as a business. We do not believe in off the shelf products and will always look to use JLT form wordings where possible.