The iDrive Defensive Driving Course is a classroom based program that teaches basic driving skills and is applicable to all licensed drivers.
It is an important risk mitigation tool that can be added to any risk management program and focuses on hazard recognition, the dangers of distracted driving, and the development of better response time.
At JLT, we are committed to working with our clients to assist in the reduction of their driver-related losses through our iDrive Defensive Driving Course.
WHAT WE DO
iDrive is applicable to all licensed drivers who are either operating a corporately owned vehicle or a vehicle on your organization’s behalf.
This can include any form of vehicle such as private passenger vehicles, passenger vans, transit buses, school buses, snow plows, tractor trailers, off-highway trucks, loaders or emergency response vehicles.
Our iDrive training course goes beyond teaching basic driving skills, beneficial to all drivers. It focuses on hazard recognition, the dangers of distracted driving, helping drivers develop better response times. As a result, your employees will have expanded and improved driving skill-sets.
iDrive is a classroom based training program that can accommodate groups of 25-30 per session. Attendees receive completion certificates after successfully taking the course.
The iDrive training course benefits your organization in many ways:
- Potential for fewer insurance claims and out-of-pocket expenses
- Increased driver skill and confidence in the operation of a vehicle
- Gives drivers the necessary skills to better navigate inclement weather conditions
- Confirms your organization’s commitment to establish good driving practices for all drivers.
The iDrive training course also benefits all your drivers, as they will:
- Learn the importance of mirror and seat adjustments
- Improve their visual skills and hazard recognition
- Understand why each driver should have a spotter when backing up large vehicles
- Have a clearer understanding of braking distances and factors which affect them
- Be more aware of the environment they are driving in
- Learn how to adjust their driving practices based on the road and weather conditions
- Communicate with other motorists in a positive manner
- Understand the dangers of distracted driving, the importance of always concentrating, and remaining focused.