In an increasingly volatile threat landscape, our risk consulting team provides strategic risk management covering insurable and non-insurable risks. Our aim is to help clients gain a deep understanding of actual risk exposure and provide strategic response options to ultimately manage risk and support business objectives.
Wherever possible, we strive to offer quantitative as well as qualitative based evidence to support financial decisions. Our fundamental drive is to demonstrate the commercial value of risk transfer or strategic risk management.
With our global team of 300+ advisors, we deliver consultancy through a unique combination of advisory, assessments, data analysis, and modelling. We quantify potential exposures to help organisations better understand the likelihood and impact of risk events. We work directly with our specialist teams and incorporate their intimate sector knowledge to provide truly bespoke insights and solutions.
WHAT WE DO
We offer consultancy in direct support of all specialty lines, as well as core consultancy across the following areas:
- Strategic advice: enterprise risk management, business intelligence and new market entry
- Emerging risks: cyber and disruptive technologies
- Resilience: business interruption review, business continuity planning, supply chain risk, crisis management, security and terrorism
- Data and analytics: modelling, benchmarking, franchise valuations, cost & volatility analysis and forecasting
- Claims and forensics: pre and post loss
- Risk engineering: risk assessments and site audits.
In addition we have bespoke tools for specialised risk classes, including:
- Terrorism (SunstoneTM) – with over one million targets and 40+ attack types
- Construction (CEECAT) – which leverages historic construction data and additional data sets to enhance existing CAT modelling tool outputs and view exposure over the lifetime of a project (vs. one point in time)
- Flood (E-FIRMS) – provides flood zone information on a more granular level than traditional flood mapping, as well as estimates damage from various flood scenarios
- Wildfire and weather.
Our risk consulting team comprises highly qualified specialists with unrivalled experience in their fields. As many risk issues require multiple disciplines to develop the strongest resolution, we work across our global teams to deliver innovative, multi-facetted solutions.
We provide each client with:
- A dedicated risk consulting team, which evolves as the management of risk develops
- A risk consulting model focused on a commercial outcome by understanding the issue first and then delivering the best specialist advice in line with risk appetite and strategic goals
- A firm understanding of specific risk and exposure to create bespoke solutions to best fit business objectives.
It is the way we deliver our service, which makes JLT an indispensable part of your team. We deliver a fast and proactive response to tackle risk issues, utilising a flexible team and a global network. As a client, you benefit from:
- The combination of our specialty expertise and risk consulting solutions, which support the insurance procurement process as well as wider business objectives
- JLT’s market-leading specialty analytics platform which identifies, quantifies, and fully defines our clients’ financial exposures, providing actionable information to support insurance program decisions
- A commercial approach to help maximise policy coverage, optimise retention levels, achieve competitive premiums and improve claims performance
- An ability to benchmark business performance against peers and provide best practice advice.