Under the Equality Act 2010, JLT and its staff are under a duty to ensure that we do not discriminate against any person who wishes to use JLT’s services because of one of the following “protected characteristics”: age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity (which includes breastfeeding); race; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation.
We therefore acknowledge two key duties:
- a duty not to unlawfully discriminate against persons with protected characteristics; and
- a duty to consider whether we are delivering our services in a way that disadvantages people with protected characteristics.
To ensure that we promote equality of opportunity across all the services that we offer and that we meet or exceed all the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, JLT has adopted the following five point strategy:
- Building Understanding - We ensure that all our staff are aware that we will not accept any form of unlawful discrimination against customers, whether direct or indirect. We encourage our staff to take the initiative to identify situations in which we could adjust our procedures to deliver equal access to our services to all clients.
- Maintaining Standards - Our success in implementing this policy is monitored by JLT’s Equality Officer. If you want to report that the way we deliver our services was discriminatory or placed you at a disadvantage , please contact Chris Terry, Group Head of Risk and Compliance at: JLT Group, The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7AW, Telephone number + 44 (0) 207 528 4444 who will investigate your complaint.
- Accommodating Diversity – We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to give everyone fair access to the services that we offer. To this end we review our practices and procedures to identify and, if possible, remove, all potential barriers to access.
- Minimising Barriers – We will make reasonable adjustments to our policies and procedures to meet the needs of those who are disadvantaged due to a disability. If you find that your access to JLT’s services is restricted as a result of a protected characteristic, please notify the relevant JLT employee, or contact JLT’s Equality Officer, as above.
Publishing our Commitment – This strategy will be made freely available to all customers and will be published on the JLT website.